Business Writing for Excellent Results
Venue: Crown Regency Hotel, Makati
Business Writing is all about communicating your ideas, important information, directions or instructions in a corporate setting. It may seem easy to write your thoughts down, but you have to consider that all written communication is virtually one dimensional – and this may pose a problem for you.
This means that the business document that you write will lack the all important elements of communication, such as verbal tone and inflection or body language and facial expressions. It is all about the words you have chosen and how you have composed them.
This is where the dilemma begins. Getting the right message across as effectively as possible is imperative if you want to get excellent results from what you have written.
Since business today is very much information driven (and most of this information is written), this seminar focuses on the various aspects that would help you write effectively to achieve excellent business results.
Module 1 – The Basics of Written Communication
A. The Factors to Analyze before you Write
1. Specifying your Objective for Writing
2. Knowing the reader/audience or client
3. Clarifying what you need to convey
B. The Factors to Address When you Write
1. Checking your Business Language for Simplicity
2. Presenting your information clearly
3. Organizing and Synthesizing your thoughts for Clarity
4. Editing and Proofreading your Letter
Module 2 – Writing Effective Business Letters
A. Keys to Writing Results-Oriented Business Letters
1. Understanding the Goal of your Letter
2. Opening with a Strategy that Builds Trust
3. Getting Your Reader’s Attention
4. Writing Strategies
a. Answering Questions and Objectives
b. Sparking Immediate Action
c. Following an Effective Letter Content Checklist
d. Using Graphic Enhancements
B. Checking your Business Writing Output
1. Passion and Clarity
2. Getting the Right Message Across
3. Ability to Spark Interest and Action
4.Effectiveness of the Opening and Closing to Give Impact to the Letter
5.Editing, Polishing, and Sending
Module 3 – Writing Effective Emails and Text Messages
A. Writing Emails and Text Messages: What Is and Is Not Appropriate
1. Using Short, Clear Sentences and Simple Punctuation
2. Starting with a Clear, Meaningful Subject Line
3. Avoiding Clumsy Phrases, Complex Vocabulary, and Stiff Language
4. Ending with a Cordial, Informative Conclusion
5. Getting rid of the Tendency to Write Too much
6. Proofreading before sending
B. Replying through Written Communications
1. Clarifying the Reason for the Reply
- Starting with an Objective Interpretation of the customer's message
- Choose the most appropriate response
2. Writing the subject line and the greeting
- What is a Good Subject Line?
- Using Greetings Appropriately
3. Acknowledging and Responding to the Sender’s Message
- Explain solutions or actions you can take
- Escalate only when necessary
- Request further information
C. Writing a cordial closing
D. Proofreading and Sending the Response
E. Following up with the customer (if necessary)
Promo Mechanics to enjoy the 50% DISCOUNT:
1. Strictly ALL reservations should be made on or before May 24, 2019.
2. Payments should be made on or before the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
3. Proof of payment should be presented via email or fax.
4. Official Receipts shall be issued to the participants on the day of the training.
5. Rates are subject to applicable government taxes.
Rates and Terms of Conditions starting May 25, 2019:
1. The Preferential Rate of P1, 699+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied for reservations paid within the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
2. The Regular Rate of P1, 999+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied if payment is beyond the assigned due date and P2, 499+VAT per participant, per seminar will be applied for on-site payments.
[ Seminar Fee includes snacks, materials and certificate of completion ]