The Effective First-time Supervisor
Venue: Crown Regency Hotel, Makati
The effects of such a situation may vary, but the most common are:
1. Feelings of confusion and increased stress on the part of the new supervisor
2. Failed expectations and disappointments from those who promoted the individual
3. Decrease in efficiency as well as in the quality of work performance delivered
4. More problems, delays and costs on the part of the affected units or departments, and eventually, for the company as a whole.
In order to increase your newly promoted supervisors’ success rate on the job, this seminar was developed.
The concepts and tools to be taught here are designed to help prepare newly promoted supervisors as well as employees being groomed
This seminar is for newly promoted Supervisors, Team Leaders or soon to be appointed Supervisors and Team Leaders who want to learn
After attending this seminar, the participants are expected to be able to:
1. Understand the role and functions of supervisors as compared to staff or first-line employee’s role and functions
2. Make the transition from their former “rank-and-file” mindset to that of a first-level leader
3. Identify, develop and apply practical skills and techniques for effective team supervision
Module I – Understanding your Supervisory Role
A. What is a Supervisor?
1. Differentiating your “Old” vs. your “New” Position
2. Defining what Supervision means
a. To your Company
b. To you
c. To your Staff
B. Accepting the Role Change and Managing the Transition
1. Common Challenges to be Prepared For
a. Increase in Tasks and Responsibilities
b. Time Management Issues
c. Working alone vs. Getting the work done through others
d. Relational Issues with Peers and Bosses
2. The Equation for Change
a. A Desire for Positive Change
b. Vision and Direction
c. Easy Next-Step Actions
3. The 3 Phases of Change Implementation
a. For Yourself
b. For your Team or Unit
C. Roles and Responsibilities of a Supervisor
3. Problem Finder and Problem Solver
Module II – Planning and Organizing your Supervisory Work
A. Analyzing your Job Responsibilities
1. Stating your Responsibilities
2. Determining the “Customers” you Serve
3. Specifying the Expectations of each Customer
4. Preparing your Team to meet each Expectation
B. Analyzing your Staff
1. Determining each Person’s Competency Level
2. Assessing their Motivation Level to Deliver and Work under You
3. Specifying Training and Development Needs
4. Setting Up Communication and Feedback Processes
C. Developing your Policies and Procedures
1. Assessing your Knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures
2. Analyzing the Present Work Systems and Procedures being used
3. Developing and/or Enhancing the Work Procedures
4. Aligning your Team’s Performance to the Expectations of the Company
D. Creating your Supervisory Action Plan
1. Stating the Improvements and/or Problem Areas that need to be Addressed
2. Specifying the Person/s involved
3. Developing your Procedural Action Steps
4. Indicating Time Frames and Key Result Areas
5. Implementing and Evaluating your Supervisory Action Plan
Promo Mechanics to enjoy the 50% DISCOUNT:
1. Strictly ALL reservations should be made on or before May 24, 2019.
2. Payments should be made on or before the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
3. Proof of payment should be presented via email or fax.
4. Official Receipts shall be issued to the participants on the day of the training.
5. Rates are subject to applicable government taxes.
Rates and Terms of Conditions starting May 25, 2019:
1. The Preferential Rate of P1, 699+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied for reservations paid within the assigned due date (SYSTEM GENERATED).
2. The Regular Rate of P1, 999+VAT per participant, per seminar rate will be applied if payment is beyond the assigned due date and P2, 499+VAT per participant, per seminar will be applied for on-site payments.
[ Seminar Fee includes snacks, materials and certificate of completion ]